Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Captains log supplemental Stardate -311852.181094622


Attempting a drive by picturing of a horse cart... mmm not bad for a first try!
A second later and I'd have had it



Try number 2.... FAIL



Try number 3 got it!
Gotta add that to my list of skills... will come right after Bow Hunting


Ok behind the SUV you can see a huge stack of bags on a truck.
I saw it a ways back and had no idea what it was... Was not thinking it was anything vehicle related...


I was wrong


Now THIS!  Is an awesome shot of a windshield wiper you wouldn't think it but there pretty much the same here as the states... yeah




I took this to get a shot of the air compressor because they are all over the place here. 1. People here get lots of low tires from debris in the road. Becomes even worse on a rainy day when the dirt roads get wet and nails and things that were covered up get to the surface again. 2. You have to stop once a week or so to blow the dust out of the air filter.       And I didn't even realize until posting this picture up that I got a shot of an Afghani Tire Center!!!




This IS actually a side street after rain the day before



Just one of the buildings I've passed before and thought it looked cool



The guy standing in the road is an Afghan Soldier... Brave dude standing in the roads around here


And now.... For some other stuff


This is a rack I just installed... Has the modem for the dish here.  Yeah I know... it's sexy.. that's why I get the ladies....


Afghan Surgeon General.... He's a bit more serious with his warnings


This is a Jingo (Jingle) Truck. Not one of the best I've seen but it was sitting still. It is called a Jingo Truck because of the chains and stuff hanging off of it that jingles. This one has a bit of chain off the side but if you want to entertain yourself for five minutes go google image search "Jingle Truck". Funny in the US truck drivers put bull dogs and chrome girl mud flaps... here they make em' all purdy! One thing you have to say for em... They are secure in their manhood!




And this is an Afghani Toilet...
I'm dreading the day when this is my only option 


And to everyone out there I've talked to in the last couple weeks who have said you like the blog! Thanks for the kind words guys. This posting is dedicated to you... got me motivated to put more stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment